Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moss Green and Lacey Sheen


Lace slip top: thrifted- Salvation Army-$1.99
Moss green skirt: Forever21-$19.99
70s wooden wedges: vintage-Street Scene-$15
Gold heart necklace: vintage-antique show-$2

I have always been a little hesitant towards the military trends in past fashion seasons, but for the upcoming fall season these looks are everywhere and much more wearable. I found this skirt at forever21, and it is my favorite a-line style with an elastic waistband, that is comfortable and easy to wear with both casual and dressy tops. I found the top at the Salvation Army, and it was originally a full slip that fell below the knee. I decided to cut it off, hem it, and make it a lacey crop top. I liked the pairing of the girly lace top, with the toughness of a military inspired skirt. The wooden wedges with metal hardware also coordinate nicely with the skirt, and i chose a simple necklace that matched the gold buttons on the skirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment